Energy projects -especially Solar Energy- are very important projects at HEPCo.
A specialized unit has been established to operate these projects and get more
experience in the installation works by being involved in specialized training
RE Unit Main Achievements:
· Developing a guide of policies and a manual of connection instructions
· Connecting Al-Ahli Hospital to HEPCo grid with a total capacity of 220 kW
· Connecting Hebron University to the electrical grid with a total capacity of 200 kW
· Installing PV solar panels over municipal facilities, financed by the Municipal Fund and the Italian Government (RENEP Project) with a total capacity of 50 kW
· Installing a meteorological and wind power station in Hebron municipality Dynamometer Station for data collection, financed by the Italian Government (RENEP Project)
· Connecting Qilqis School to the grid with a total capacity of 15 kW
· Connecting (15) solar customers to the grid with a total capacity of 80 kW. There are some more applications to be reviewed, as shown in details in below table:
• Implementing the project of generating (1) MW of solid waste gas, (project is pending fund).
• Implementing the project of generating (1) MW of solar energy. The project is pending until fund is available from 'Palestine Tomorrow Institution'.
HEPCo has also participated with the Palestinian Energy Authority in preparing the 'Palestinian Renewable Energy Law'.
The following are pictures of some of HEPCo solar projects:
- Ahli Hospital
2. sports hall